Here is the recipe starting with the cake:
- 1 1/2c Gluten Free flour (1 1/4c rice flour, 1/4c of tapioca flour)
- 1/2 c cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. guar gum or 3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 5 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 c water
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Bake in greased and floured 9” square pan (or lined with parchment paper), at 350 for 30 –35 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Now the ‘Death by Chocolate’ part of the recipe:
- 2c of whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 pkg of chocolate pudding
- 1 pkg of skor chipits
- Start by mixing the package of chocolate pudding as per it’s directions and set in fridge.
- Using your mixer whip up your whipping cream and when it is close to being done add your vanilla and sugar. Beat until stiff
- Mix your chocolate cake pieces with the chocolate pudding, adding half of your skor chipits and all of your whipping cream together in your bowl.
- Just before serving decorate the top of your desert with the left over skor chipits and ENJOY!
Since Christmas is on the countdown, every Wednesday I will have a trivia question for you to answer on your knowledge of Christmas trivia. See you tomorrow!