Good morning everyone, I hope you had a great weekend I know I had one. I attended a special demo meeting Saturday morning called 'Diva Day'. It's a special day for special demos and it was a lot of fun.
We were served breakfast, then we did several make n takes. We were shown some cards that Tamye Dunbar did at Founders Circle last week. I am going to use those for my Stamp a Stack in October. Way too much fun...
I digress and back to reality. I did this card for a challenge recently on yahoo. The late night Stampers group challenge 38. We had to do something with our pastels and I having discovered how wonderful they are to work with and the color intensity is so fantastic..well anyways, it was intense.
I call this pastel embossing and it really isn't that difficult to do and not as time intensive as I thought so here is a tutorial for you.
- I used the Cameo Coral CS for the base, this time however, I cut the card on the 8.5 edge at 4.25"
- Take the Bermuda Bay CS and cut accordingly. Make sure you have enough for the saying.
- Using your Whisper White CS take the Boy Beary Stamp and stamp with black stazon.
- Now take your Versa Marker and color in the bear. Quickly coloring in with your pastel colors.
- Now take you Versa Marker again and go over what you just pasteled but make sure you clean the pen between color changes.
- Make sure you work quickly here as you will cover the picture with clear embossing powder then heat.
- Use your modern label punch to punch out the saying. Attach it to the extra Bermuda Bay that you edged with the scallop edge punch with snail adhesive.
- Attach that piece with stampin' dimensionals.
- Use the Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon and tie a bow with it.
- Then attach the bear, then your saying and your down.
Need it, want it, email me firstname.lastname@example.org