Monday, August 31, 2009
I have been singing this song for the last few weeks now as I am looking forward to my girls going back to school on Wednesday; so when this SDC 58 challenge came up for my favorite online support group, I just had to do it. Hope your looking forward to your children going back to.
I will give the tutorial on tomorrows blog. Enjoy!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Sorry I haven't blogged in the last couple of days, but I am having a garage sale at the moment. But I thought a little inspiration might just keep me going so I cased this project from the new 'holiday mini catalogue' and start preparing for Christmas now. I know it's a little early but you can never be too prepared. Anyhow here is the tutorial for my Christmas in August Basket.
- Take an 81/2 x 11 Kraft CS and cut from the 5" down the length of the paper.
- Using the Big Shot take your Stampin' Up! bigz xl dies 'Basket & Blooms' and put it through. That will give you the basket shape and bottom.
- Take the round flowery stamp from the 'Yuletide Christmas' stamp set (found in the 'holiday mini catalogue' with Old Olive ink and stamp on the front.
- Using sticky strip tape the edges of the basket together, then add the bottom piece to set the bottom.
- Using the Real Red polka dot CS (Hostess Level 1) punch with the 'Eyelet' border and attach the piece to the inside of the basket with sticky strip.
- Use the Real Red CS and the wide oval punch to punch the card stock.
- Now take the Merry Christmas stamp from the 'Yuletide Christmas' set, using the Stampin Write markers in Old Olive, Real Red, and Chocolate Chip paint the stamp and stamp on Whisper White CS.
- Punch it out with our scalloped oval punch and attach to the Real Red CS using our Stampin' Dimensionals to attach and then using them again to attach all of it onto the basket.
- Add your favorite goodies in a bag and secure it with our Sleigh bells Ribbon.
Happy stampin' and creatin'
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
- Project one is the 'Me and my family....' it sits in my kitchen above the shelf for everyone to see. I received mine free when I joined Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator. I got it in chocolate and I think it's lovely.
- Project two my Mom had this cupboard door with glass in her house for years wanting to do something creative but didn't know what. I did! I asked her for it and applied the welcome sign to it. Easy as that.
- Project three was inspired by my upline Nicolina Marling. When I went to her house to sign up as a demo, this was on the front of her screen door two, and I knew I had to have it!. So I got it too.
As my gift to you, you can download your copy free by clicking on the catalog picture. Now that your inspired; click here to shop. Have fun decorating...see you tomorrow!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
I finally got inspired to do something different to pass the time away; next to housekeeping of course! lol! So I thought I would use the 'Circle Circus' stamp set on Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, and Rich Razzleberry CS. I also used all the 2009-2010 'In Colors' Classic Ink Stamp Pads and just stamped wherever. A little touch of our Whisper White 5/8" organza ribbon for a touch of class. I think it turned out quite nicely. Tell me what you think?
I was also inspired by all the people who gave such support to my mother and I during the loss of my father. You just don't realize what great friends you have until a tragedy happens. So in honor of them I made this next card.
Again, I used the Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Whisper White CS. As for the inks I used Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Rich Razzleberry, and Bordering Blue. A little sponging technique with the latter and our 'In Color' Rich Razzleberry grossgrain ribbon. With the 'Great Friends' stamp set I think it's really elegent!
Now let's see what I can come up with tomorrow!!!
As you can see I am still new to the blogging thing. But rest assured my focus is still on the business and I plan to be adding new projects and classes on a regular basis. For all of you who new of my father's death, thank you for your support, it really did help more than you know! Well I am going to get a creatin then start posting. Take care.
My Mission: at The Scrappin’ Mama Studios is to provide an environment that encourages self confidence through continual education with tutorials, classes, workshops in rubber stamping and paper crafting. This allows me to give my clients an inviting, warm, and fulfilling environment. Leaving the experience with an exceptional self image and self fulfillment to continue on their journey of self discovery. By offering this I gain the confidence and loyalty that allows my clients to give me their greatest compliment…Their referral.