However, running behind this week, my daughter's 6th birthday came up really fast and I hadn't even made my daughter's birthday card yet! Talk about being a last minute person! The wonderful Sudsol group has challenges every week and yesterday there was a Chat & Challenge and I thought great, here I can make my daughter's birthday card.
I haven't really used the Animal Stories stamp set and it is really cute so I thought that it would be perfect. So here is the tutorial for this card:
- Using Chocolate Chip CS cut a piece into a 8.5" x 5.5" and fold in half using a bone folder.
- Cut a piece of Tall Tales DSP into 4.5" x 3.5" then cut a piece of Whisper White CS into 4" x 3".
- Stamp your image from the Animals Stories stamp set using Bermuda Bay Classic Ink . Stamp the birthday message using On Your Birthday stamp set (which I love!) using the Melon Mambo Classic Ink.
- Using your snail attach the Whisper White CS to the DSP. Take your mat and paper piercing tool and pierce in the corners.
- Take your 2-way glue pen and underline the Whale in a water motion and follow the spray as well. Use your dazzling diamonds over those areas where you used your glue pen, just to give it a little sparkle.
- Grab your scalloped oval punch and punch a piece of Tall Tales DSP and take your large oval punch and punch the Whisper White CS.
- Stamp another message from the On Your Birthday stamp set onto the Whisper White CS. Attach it to the DSP using our dimensionals, then attach both pieces to the base of the card using our dimensionals as well.